Monday, April 12, 2010

A day outdoors at the gymkhana. ! (#) Did I say outdoors?

Ok, to be honest I had heard the word years ago. Most of us here in the great American Southwest have. For you who are unsure the definition of an Gymkhana is as follows:

a field day held for equestrians, consisting of exhibitions of horsemanship and much pageantry.

Now, the part that is rather amazing (for most anyone who knows me) by definition, horses are animals and therefore constitute a journey into the dreaded OUTDOORS. Oh, parish the thought. Well, my dear friend Debbi asked if I would like to go see her daughter ride said animal. “It would be fun and your mom would love it.” Sure, attack me by bringing up my mother. Grrrrrr I thought, but decided to embark upon the dusty streets of the old pueblo and traverse to the spot where said exhibitions of horsemanship and much pageantry should take place. Now remember, outside is bad to me. Dirt, wind, sunshine, bugs and yes, horse crap! It smells there, oh well, there we were.

IMG_2213

This is my friends daughter sitting upon an animal, along with other like minded people.

IMG_2215

If I could talk, I would say “hello, my name is Rio, I like outside.”

What is fun about being out here you ask, well, talking with friends of course; and….

IMG_2216

doing what every teenager does:

IMG_2217 (yes, she in listening to music)

IMG_2218

IMG_2231

We go around the barrel Rio!

IMG_2233

Its dusty and windy out here.

IMG_2238

However, I would be fibbing if I didn’t tell you that both mom and I had a wonderful time and enjoyed seeing friends and cheering them on. It was a blast, and I hope to be able to go to another. Even mom got to get up close and personal.

IMG_2223

Mom says ‘hello/goodbye’ to everyone and said that I was rather crazy. Outdoors is fun and I enjoyed the ~ exhibitions of horsemanship and much pageantry.

IMG_2228

IMG_2224

Oh yes, there be animals there:

IMG_2212

No comments: