Sunday, June 19, 2011

Not just today,

but everyday, I miss my dad. Every single thing that I am is because of him. I miss him and I love him and I wish I had but one more moment to give him a hug and to simply let him share a smile with me. He has been gone for so long but he is always close. He is silent now but says so much. He was there for me and sometimes I didn't even know it. There is nothing Gold can buy, nothing that can be gained beyond the love of a father like mine. I am in all ways most humble by his comfort over the years. He was my Dad. Please hear me when I say; I Love You.

5 comments:

Connie Moreno said...

That's a beautiful tribute.

TokyoMagic! said...

You made me cry today, Thufer....but sometimes that's a good thing. Thank you.

Momma Nic said...

Thank you for sharing this. It has touched that "Father button" in all of us. Happy Father's day to you to. I have a good hunch that you are that kind of Father as well.

Thufer said...

Thank you all very much. I did have a wonderful 'father's day' - well, more of a grandpa day but that's ok. I really appreciate all of the comments. Thank you.

JG said...

Thanks for sharing that Thufer.

I feel much the same about my own father, whom I miss very much.

JG