Thursday, June 18, 2009

I do not have an answer, however….

… I am very much a part of this. It is hard for me to be a conservative; sick and living in the United States of America in this day and age.

My mind says that social health care is not the answer. The horror stories of time delay are unsettling. That said, I will be in debt to various hospitals and doctors (monetary, as in USD’s; you know $$$$) until the day I will die. I go to bed every night worried that the above mentioned group will take every cent I have saved.

Yes, I admit it. I exist because of your tax dollar. Yes, You. Thank you. I am on social security disability. I have had 3 different insurance companies in the past year and I am currently headed to eCobra for a year. That payment comes from me.

Ok, some of you may say this is my fault. I am inclined to agree with you. It was   is, however, something that no one deserves; what has happened to me.  Trust me, my life is neither sexy nor to be envied. Just yesterday morning I had to endure a prosthetic replacement. It was by no means exciting.

I don’t know the answer. I don’t even know how I should feel. We all have issues and needs. We all have been hit by some dispirit. It is a part of the human condition I feel. I do the best I can to keep my head and desire to live looking upward and positive.

All I know is that this is the year of our Lord Two Thousand and Nine. It is 2009 and I am worried. Someone who is smarter than I needs to come forward and deliver a solution. A serious solution, not just partisan lip service. I  We deserve a solution, a real working, advanced, fair, forward looking solution to staying alive with some dignity.

 

 

Sorry to rant everyone. I just live in a world of fear for us all and to the generation of tomorrow. I wish I had the answer. I don’t. I do know that I did work all my life prior to October of 2006. I paid my taxes and I always had insurance. That’s not enough, sad to say.  I was neither a slug or had obesity as major issues. I was a smoker. It is extracting it’s penance from me now. I do not cry spilt milk for that. I do not, however, feel that I should die bankrupt and destitute because of it; either. Damn it! I work hard in my own way, every day.

Please, come up with an answer. I am not looking for free anything or a hand out for me. I am concerned for the health and well being of those coming up after me. It may be prevention. I do not know. It may be life style issues by everyone. Whatever it is, please God, let it be NOT printing more money alone.

No comments: