Sunday, January 17, 2010

I often wonder what would have happened.

It’s Sunday morning and I have a cup of coffee in hand. The TV is on, it’s one of those free weekend things and a superhero movie is pandering to my interest. Sorta.

When I was younger, I wanted to have adventures and do things rather exciting. I had hopes of that most perfect ’ideal’ with a wonderful and trusted partner in life. I thought I would travel not only this planet but I really had aspirations' of going beyond, someday.

Like Captain Kirk, I was never a Boy Scout; but I wanted to be.

What I have learned is that there is something more unbelievable than any leap of imagination ever penned by the most creative authors the world has ever known. It is that spark, that rush,the moment of realization that there is nothing more rewarding than holding your grandchild's hand and having them believe that everything you ever conceived..is real.

Thank you God, and give me the strength to be that daring, that bold, that strong and yes; that right. It is hard being, yet I try.

 

tumblr_kwdg69bsMF1qzkp97o1_500

There is reward for just being. There is a justness in being a common man. There are steps to be climbed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was 2days from going to haiti this day.
-Heather