Monday, September 6, 2010

Lunch on a Sky Island

Finally, I know some of you are saying; this series of post come to an end and indeed it does.

It was time to leave and head home, however, I was getting hungry and was thinking, well, I can’t eat at one of the wonderful restaurants to be found along the Salsa Trail, so where?

Of course, it was right in front of me. Why not at say … oh 6000 feet or higher. I really did not want to go to the top of Mt. Graham, but lunch about half way up or so sounded just wonderful.

IMG_2367

Stop at the old sign.

IMG_2368

IMG_2369

IMG_2373

Running waters allow for a moment to pause and give thanks to God for life, food, my children and grandchildren.

IMG_2374

IMG_2376

What a wonderful view to have a can of vanilla. While breaking of bread is not the same for me as it is for you, it is still a moment to just pause and look around at the world. To renew the body and have strength to go forward.

IMG_2378

Time to head down and go home.

IMG_2379

I want to leave you with this sight. A very common sight in this part of the world. Not exciting but somehow pertinent and spiritual to me none the less. I have for years carried a picture of my day taken in a place much like this. He always said that these little yellow flowers were a gift. I understand now, they are right there, almost every day. They are there to be a gift to our eyes.

IMG_2381

IMG_2382

Time to say goodbye. And so I did.

IMG_2383

Thank you for taking the trip with me. I had fun and I was moved.

No comments: